Sunday, December 6, 2009

10 days remain

Me chillin at the beach of Lago Chico
12/06/09
I just typed 10 instead of 12 for the month. Thats how far behind I am. I do NOT have enough time here! Classes just ended and I wanna do everything! I wanna LIIIVE here!
I chose not to go to Pucón (to the south) with a huge group because I wanted to spend more time with my host family. However, I find myself not occupied enough, and thinking way too much about going home... just getting lost in my own thoughts. Two days ago, Friday, I shopped for about 6 hours with Alison and we hardly came home with anything. I got two pairs of shoes, cute flip flops and lime green tennis shoes for about 13 dollars. It was fun to run around el centro, however, and we got a damn good deal on a meal of empanadas on O'Higgins. I was so pooped, I didn't even go out. Alison and I had plans for Saturday too, but she ended up wanting to stay home. I just bummed around most of the day, helped my host mom clean because they're remodeling their house, and chilled at the beach for a bit with her, like the picture above. It was actually at a lake, but it was really nice and the water was super clean.

I don't care that I'm missing out on what they're doing in Pucón, but a part of me wishes I went and spent the money anyway just to not be here, trapped in my head! I'm just so depressed, thinking about leaving, not wanting to go, yet so impatient to see Zach in the airport, see Erica in Milwaukee, see my new apartment, et cetera.

I've already cried about leaving. Every time my host mom and I hug or share a moment I just tear up.

I can't wait to go north to Pichilemu and Santiago: I'll be occupied. Those 5 days will fly, I'll come back, pack for 2 days, and suddenly be on a plane on my way home. I don't want to start that vacation and I do!
I've never been this conflicted in my whooole life!
At least I can promise myself I'm coming back here.
At the very least I need to see my chilean family again within the next few years.
I can't wait to travel more.
I was born to travel.

Its quarter after noon here. So far I went for a 25 min run and ate breakfast. I think my mom wants me to go back to the beach with her today and actually swim this time, but I kinda wanna do this biking thing with Patsy in the Plaza Perú. Its kinda like this promotion activity to get people to ride bikes places and also for other people to respect bike riders on the streets. I'm scared to ride my host brother's bike all the way to el centro! Its like a 35 minute bus ride! I just might try it though 0.o

10 days remain of my time here.....

No comments:

Post a Comment