Thursday, December 3, 2009

Farewell... the end is near

My chilean mom and I... and Hayley in the background

12/3/09
About 4 months ago, a family let me into their life, took me in as their own. I thought they were so weird! They'd hug me all the time and pry about my day and how I felt. They wanted to take me every where and learn about me. They wanted to help me learn Spanish and encourage me to try new things and live life.
By now, they're MY family. Now I don't want to live without them. I'm going to miss them so much. So so much. Today was our last day of exams and tonight we had a farewell dinner and everyone's taking off to travel the next 2 weeks. It was so hard not to cry. Which is why I am now.
Sarita... has one of the best personalities I've ever encountered. She is someone I will always look up to. She is so intelligent, independent, caring, and kind. Not to mention, she's not materialistic. I'll never forget the lesson's she has taught me about the unimportance of materialism. Sara is just so cute too! She's so short she makes me feel real tall. And she's the best confidence booster... she always tells me, "you're so beautiful! no matter what you're doing or wearing; you're so unique and fun." I tell her I'm sad, she can cheer me up. I tell her I'm mad/upset, she'll let me vent till the sun comes up again. I say I'm hungry and damnit she'll be willing to run out side and pick all the veggies from the garden to make me a salad. A lot of times I'll be working on homework in my room and she'll come up with hot chocolate or a treat. Such a big sweetheart.
Wladimir, my dad, sometimes used to bug me, but now I know I'm going to be so sad when he's not around to tease me or tell me he'll do anything for me. He's kinda got that machismo attitude I don't like, but he's always treated me like his own daughter and deep down this guy is soft as dough, despite being a former Policía de Investigaciones.
Tonight I actually went to the dinner with Sarita and my aunt Sandra because my dad couldn't go. It was really sad, nobody got to talk to each other much. Saying goodbye afterward though... that was hard. This dinner was the last time our whole group will be together in Chile. Crap that makes me cry. This is really going to end, isn't it? Dreams do end I suppose. And I'll be back..
Evin, Brad, Alison, Hayley, Cheryl, Jessica, Alex, Christina, Lindsay... My new best friends.
I daydream a lot about St Cloud and being with them...
I think its time to cry a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment